Saturday, August 9, 2008

9 August 2008

Entry 35

Page 149

So the Elders give the missionaries a piece of land in the Evil Forest. As good a plan as it seems to the people it really isn't. They think that the evil spirits will drive them out or kill them. However, this book may be fiction, but evil spirits still don't exist and the missionaries will just live there in content. So the way I see it, the Elders have just given them the spark they needed to start the blaze and there is no stopping them now. I fear for the people because I think that I know how things end up when the white man invades. Just look at the Native Indians in America. They were forced to live on reserves by the invasion of the white man. It pains me to say that nothing good came from the white man taking land in history.

No comments: