Saturday, August 9, 2008

9 August 2008

Entry 34

Page 144

Well that is a real slap in the face for Okonkwo. His first born son has left him to go to the missionaries to become a Cristian. In those days the first born son is the most important because he takes the place and respect of his father. Now they do not even know each other. Luckily Okonkwo has other sons, but it must have hurt to lose a son like that. It always pains me to see families break up because of some foreign factor that no one could have accounted for. Out of respect for my father I would not have left to the missionaries because I would try to be content with my father. I especially could not leave both my father and my mother, that would the ultimate worst thing that could happen.

No comments: