8 August 2008
Entry 27
Page 129
Well it is good to see that Okonkwo has family somewhere else that will care for him. His kinsmen seem to be pretty good people considering that Okonkwo's mother decided to marry a lazy loser. I like Okonkwo and it is sad to see how he has to lose everything because of a little accident that wasn't really his fault. I guess that his penalty has some sympathy because they call it a female crime because it was done inadvertently. I don't think that it matters because Okonkwo has worked to hard for something uncontrollable to take it all away from him. So now he has to spend seven years with his cousins. As nice as they may be, distant families are never fun for seven years. I feel sorry for Okonkwo because he has had to leave everything that he has accomplished and no one even blames him. Even the people that burned his house only did it because it was custom and not because they wanted to. So even though he could have gotten away with it or pleaded to the people because they were did not blame him, he still had to leave. Poor guy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment