Friday, August 8, 2008

8 August 2008

Entry 31

Page 138

I think that this is foreshadowing. The distant clan of Abame has been wiped out by the white man. This is the part about history that I hate to learn about. I don't like how rude the white man was and how they always took slaves and land from the people in Africa. What is past is past and all we can do is learn from it. Unfortunately the people of Abame did not know how to react to the white man. I guess if they had done things differently they could have survived, but how could they have known what to do. For one thing, it is pretty dumb for a white guy to go traveling around by himself is a land full of black people that speak another language. (This is not a racist statement because it would be dumb for anybody that is different to go wondering into a group of complete strangers that speak different tongues and have never seen that kind of person before). Maybe if that guy hadn't done what he did, they could have had a better outcome.

No comments: