5 August 2008
Entry 24
Page 120
This is the part where Ezeudu dies and then the cannon goes off in the middle of the night. I just want to reflect on how much respect the people must have for this guy to wake everyone up in the middle of the night with a loud cannon and announce his death. They must go to sleep really early or something. If I was a really close friend I would want to know, but if I never met him and lived in one of the farthest villages, I really would not care. They could just put it in the obituaries in the morning or something like that. Well I guess that it is all right if none of the Igbo people complain. These people seem to get along together to well to be true. I have never seen that many people get along that well, then again it is a fictional book.

No comments:
Post a Comment