4 August 2008
Entry 21
Page 103
This is the part where the priestess representing Agbala takes Enizma away. For some reason the priestess calls Enizma her own daughter as if she gave birth to her. I understand that she cares for her and stuff like that, but she should be like an aunt or something to Enizma. Some of my parents really good friends are called aunt and uncle in my family because they are so close they could be family. Or she could even be Enizma's godmother. I don't like that she sees herself as the mother and then takes ownership of Enizma and takes her away. I was exited when Ekwefi took after them and I was hoping that she would figure out what they were doing but she just follows her everywhere and then to a cave, and then back home. No where in there was an explanation although badly needed. I guess that the kidnapping of children was normal for their gods but I would never let some person take a child from me in the middle of the night and go wondering around with it until they finally go into a dark cave. I just don't get why all these things happen without an explanation. It gets me exited to read more but then I'm left there hanging.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment