2 August 2008
Entry 14
Page 65
Okonkwo was suffering even more because he had no work to do. I can relate to that because I hate to sit and do nothing on a regular basis. I love to do any work on my truck or other fun projects, or even do yardwork with my dad. When someone can not do anything in their day, they get anxious and begin to think of things that should not be thought of. However when one has something constructive, or destructive in Okonkwo's position, all they think about is getting the job done and can block out bad thoughts. Even when the task is done they can feel good about the job they did and hopefully escape the grasp of sorrow. Unfortunatly for Okonkwo he had nothing to do to block out the paid. So I can relate to his feeling of anxiousness but fortunately not the sorrow part.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment