19 June 2008
Entry: 3
Page 17
This page is about Unoka going to see the Oracle about his poor crops. I can see that the people are very spirituous and believe that this cave in the side of a hill somehow possesses a god because it is so dark. I would hate to see these people live by an old volcano, all the lava tubes will have gods in them. What I like about these pages though, is how the priestess cuts off Unoka mid sentence and tells him that he is doing everything right, but that he is weak, thus getting bad crops. I would love to be the person that stands in that cave to "speak" for the oracle, I could say anything and be believed. Anyway, this just shows that even in that time when life was simpler, people still tried to find an excuse for their own faults. They made up this oracle to consult when things go wrong. Everyone wants someone to tell them what to do next is a tight situation, even today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment