15 June 2008
Entry: 2
Pages 9 - 15
I found these pages kind of intriguing. These pages are simply the entire second chapter. The interesting thing that this chapter discusses is how Ikemefuna came to be in Okonkwo's house under his care. I will call Ikemefuna Ike from now on so I don't have to look up his name every single time it write it down. So it was interesting to see the people idea of war. I liked how they gave the other guys the choice of giving them a young man and a virgin girl. It is about the most humane these people are going to get.
These pages also give insight into Okonkwo's life. I feel very sorry for him and his son, because it seems that both of them have poor fathers. Okonkwo's father was very idle and gentle, but Okonkwo is rough and working, neither has a good balance. Seeing how rough Okonkwo is might help to predict the future of the book. I know nothing about the book as I have only finished two chapters, so because the main character has flaws, the book might be about how these flaws change. However, that really doesn't match the title.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment