Saturday, August 2, 2008

2 August 2008

Entry: 12

Page 53

I thought that Ikemefuna was going to be a happy thing in that he was going to grow up like a son to Okonkwo and take his place. It displeases me to see what actually happened to him. I can see how the author wants us to see what life is really like for these people, but I wanted good things to happen to Ikemefuna. The way they did it was bad too. Why would they let this kid make up a good relationship with a new family, and then when everything gets good for him, they kill him? Obviously I am also upset with the way he had to go. One blow should do it, but it is hard to watch a chicken run around without it's head. I was really sad when Okonkwo finally killed him. I was glad, however, that he did not add Ikemefuna to the ongoing count of how many heads he had taken.

No comments: